This is a work in progress.
The Swarm 2.0 swarm purpose is to create, update and distribute materials devoted to education in swarm concepts as defined in ‘Swarmwise – The Tactical Manual For Changing the World’. These materials include but are not limited to ebooks, tutorials and cheatsheets, games and visual novels and websites for hosting all of these.
As a swarm we follow these values:
- We have only one purpose as defined above. That purpose and our values are not negotiable.
- We are inclusive. The only requirement for belonging to our swarm is a willingness to work on our purpose.
- We use the three Swarmers rule and the Two Feet rule. Any three swarm members may initiate an activity and expect the support of the swarm. Any member who disagrees with the purpose, values or activities can use their two feet and find (or start) an organization that has purpose, values and activities with which they agree.
- We are innovative. We will experiment to find the best way to carry out our purpose.
- We are resilient. We learn from mistakes, endure setbacks and continue.
A short blog post on the current state of the swarm can be found here – https://swarmcanada.wordpress.com/2016/05/05/what-is-to-be-done-with-swarm-2-0/
In 2014 I started editing “Swarmwise – The Tactical Manual for Changing the World” by Rick Falkvinge because I found it hard to read but thought it contained valuable insights and methods. Over the next two years, amid the general chaos of life, I worked on this project and last month got the edited material to a point where I felt good about promoting it. Right now the project consists of:
There’s a lot more to be done, here’s what I have on my list:
- Continue to edit and improve Swarm 2.0 and Swarm Steps
- Produce a visual novel version of Swarm Steps using Ren’Py – https://www.renpy.org/
- Convert the visual novel to a video using Kazam – https://launchpad.net/kazam
- Translate Swarm 2.0 and Swarm Steps into as many languages as possible. Since I’m Canadian I’m putting French at the top of my list, YMMV.
- Promote all of this.
Obviously I can’t do this on my own so I’m putting out the call to form up a swarm to do this. The Swarm Swarm. Sounds like a band name doesn’t it? Let’s make some noise!
Interested? Get in touch via the contact form, https://swarmcanada.wordpress.com/contact/
I wasn’t planning to slap a WordPress site together on a sunny Saturday but after working with the wiki on Github I got frustrated and decided to JUST DO IT!
This is an additional placeholder post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.