In 2014 I started editing “Swarmwise – The Tactical Manual for Changing the World” by Rick Falkvinge because I found it hard to read but thought it contained valuable insights and methods. Over the next two years, amid the general chaos of life, I worked on this project and last month got the edited material to a point where I felt good about promoting it. Right now the project consists of:
- A github repository at https://github.com/gylany/swarm-2.0 containing:
- An edited version of Swarmwise (pdf) at https://github.com/gylany/swarm-2.0/blob/master/swarm2.0.pdf
- A summary or cheatsheet called Swarm Steps (pdf) at https://github.com/gylany/swarm-2.0/blob/master/swarmsteps.pdf
- A website at https://swarmcanada.wordpress.com/
- A collaborative workspace at https://contriber.com
- A short slideshow at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp_gxtR6v4U
There’s a lot more to be done, here’s what I have on my list:
- Continue to edit and improve Swarm 2.0 and Swarm Steps
- Produce a visual novel version of Swarm Steps using Ren’Py – https://www.renpy.org/
- Convert the visual novel to a video using Kazam – https://launchpad.net/kazam
- Translate Swarm 2.0 and Swarm Steps into as many languages as possible. Since I’m Canadian I’m putting French at the top of my list, YMMV.
- Promote all of this.
Obviously I can’t do this on my own so I’m putting out the call to form up a swarm to do this. The Swarm Swarm. Sounds like a band name doesn’t it? Let’s make some noise!
Interested? Get in touch via the contact form, https://swarmcanada.wordpress.com/contact/